BUC was founded in 1948 when a group broke away from First Unitarian Universalist Church of Detroit with the goal of bringing Unitarianism to the northwestern suburbs. After a decade of meeting in living rooms and schools, we broke ground on our current campus on the corner of Lone Pine and Woodward in beautiful Bloomfield Hills.
In the intervening years, the building has grown and changed, and we along with it.
We are a justice-making, truth-seeking people; a group of dreamers and doers; believers, seekers, and doubters. Learn more about what we believe.
Come join us sometime, in person or online, and get to know our Beloved Community and the world we dream about.